OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
At Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel we are very committed to run our hotel in a sustainable manner.
- This makes a contribution to ensuring our beautiful environment is protected.
- Every day we consider whether all of our business activities are sustainable.
- In the area of cleaning we have moved away from harsh chemicals and are now using more environmentally friendly products.
- Guests are invited to participate by encouraging them to separate their rubbish in their rooms into ‘recyclables’ and ‘other’.
- We have introduced compostable rubbish bags.
- Our breakfast menu engages with local suppliers to ensure the best ingredients are that they are from sustainable sources.
- Underfloor heating is centrally managed, minimising the use of electricity on vacant rooms.
- Energy efficient light bulbs are being fitted throughout the hotel.
- Thermal insulation applies to all rooms and public areas.
- Active operating glass, plastic, bottle and general waste recycling program.
- Economic and efficient water heaters are installed in our public areas.
- Lights are automatically dimmed in public areas
- Encouraging staff to utilise energy efficiently
QUALMARK NEW ZEALAND
We hold a five star grading from our official tourism quality assessment agency, Qualmark New Zealand. We also hold the Enviro Award Silver level from Qualmark New Zealand.
This means we have been assessed by an external agency showing “a real focus on continuously improving economic, social and environmental performance to ensure the tourism product they deliver is a genuine, constantly improving sustainable experience.”